Find folderId by folderPath

Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.

Moderator: car031

viesturs.l

Find folderId by folderPath

Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:41 pm

Hey,

I'm using REST API to access LogicalDOC Community Edition 7.5.1. I need to be able to get folder ID by using folder path. So I would be able to upload documents from one system to DMS without my system knowing folder IDs.
It looks like that this is possible using SOAP "folder/findByPath", but is there a way to do this using REST?

Thanks a lot!
Last edited by viesturs.l on Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maansson

Re: Find folderId by folderPath

Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:03 am

Hi, viesturs.l.

I am very new to using LogicalDOC, so if you wait a bit, I am sure that you could get a better answer from someone else.
However, I wanted to provide you with a quick response :)

It doesn't look like there is such a method in REST (http://docs.logicaldoc.com/resources/ws ... sion=7.5.1#/), so the only solution I can think of,
would be to list all the children of the default folder, and list all the children of those children etc. until you have found your desired path?
Unless you have a really complex structure, I suppose this wouldn't be too crazy?
viesturs.l

Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:18 am

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

That's what I plan to do if there's no better solution it's just that we're planning a folder structure like "/Default(root)/CategoryName/SubCategoryName/ItemNumber/" and upload all Item related files in that folder. In this case I'd have to make a lot of requests to finally find the needed folder ID.

Just wanted to know, maybe this is a planned feature that will be released soon or there's a better solution, as it already exists in SOAP.
maansson

Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:16 pm

I see.

Well, I hope that you will get an answer soon :) Good luck!
agaspa

Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:54 am

Hi viesturs.l,
I confirm to you that at present there isn't the ability to run what required,
However we are going to release the 7.5.3 version of LogicalDOC and there is still time for some changes.
We could add the method findByPath to the REST endpoint of the folder and createInPath method to the endpoint of the documents
viesturs.l

Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:38 am

Hi agaspa!

Thank you for your reply!
agaspa wrote:We could add the method findByPath to the REST endpoint of the folder and createInPath method to the endpoint of the documents
That would be amazing! I think it would be useful to have those.

Is there any approximate release date for 7.5.3 CE where these methods would be implemented? Just would like to know, whether I need a temporary solution for this, or I can wait until 7.5.3.

Thanks a lot!

Return to “Web Services”