Installing Microsoft Office and Outlook Add-in

Problems with installing LogicalDOC? No problems, the solution is closer than you think.

Moderator: car031

DBlais.TAG

Installing Microsoft Office and Outlook Add-in

Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:30 am

Is there any way that we can install Microsoft Office Add In and Outlook Add in for multiple profiles onto one system, such as Terminal Server?
agaspa

Re: Installing Microsoft Office and Outlook Add-in

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Currently the Add-in installers (Office and Outlook) are not designed to install the application for all users of a PC / server,
so you need to repeat the installation for each user that want to use the features.

I think it might be possible to produce add-ins that can be installed for all users,
but you should ask to sales department because producing that new installers involves extra work,
both for the creation of the installers and their maintenance in time.
DBlais.TAG

Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:50 pm

Why isn't there already an All Users install package? There are a lot of people using Terminal Servers that would like to install the add in for their Microsoft Office users, in which is locked down so that users cannot install anything onto the servers.

This would be a great selling point for LogicalDoc.
agaspa

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:37 pm

I think you're right, with regard to the selling point.

In this case, the problem is not much to build the distribution,
but rather the burden is to maintain it over time, producing from time to time, two installer.

In any case, there is a dedicated tool that we use to keep track of feature requests, and I would like to invite you to use.
Here is the link http://issues.logicaldoc.com/

Return to “Installation”