Cannot Start Logical Doc Service on windows 7

Problems with installing LogicalDOC? No problems, the solution is closer than you think.

Moderator: car031

legend80

Cannot Start Logical Doc Service on windows 7

Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:52 pm

Hi All,

Please I need your help , I've install ms mysql and logicaldoc on windows 7 successfully but, I 've tried to login through the web browser i got " The page cannot be display" after that i checked the services and i found that the logicaldoc service off , I tried to turn it on manually but unfortunately I got " the windows cannot start the service on this local computer please check event log for more information.

Thanks
agaspa

Re: Cannot Start Logical Doc Service on windows 7

Wed May 04, 2016 8:32 am

Hello legend80,
this is a common issue,
perhaps during installation you have chosen to use a 32-bit virtual machine (JVM) on your system while you installed the 64, or vice versa,
you have chosen to go wityh the 64-bit installation and on your system you have a 32-bit JVM (Java Virtual Machine).

My suggestion is to check the JVM that is installed on your system,
the if you've a 32 bit copy the files in folder <LD_INSTALLATION_PATH>\tomcat\bin\32 in the parent path overriding the files already there,
if insted you've a 64 bit copy the files in folder <LD_INSTALLATION_PATH>\tomcat\bin\64 in the parent path

Note: you need at least a JVM version 1.7 (AKA JAVA SE 7)

Best regards
Alex

Return to “Installation”