Ubuntu 15.04 Installation Issues

Problems with installing LogicalDOC? No problems, the solution is closer than you think.

Moderator: car031

dutchboy2704

Ubuntu 15.04 Installation Issues

Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:04 am

Hi Guys,

I managed to install LogicalDoc CE 7.5 on Ubuntu 15.04.

My problem is that I don't seem to understand the section about starting LogicalDoc at server bootstraps, particularly this line
"Then edit the file /etc/init.d/logicaldoc adjusting the paths."
I am assuming my misunderstanding of this is resulting in the service not starting after I reboot my VPS.

Any help would be appreciated.
agaspa

Re: Ubuntu 15.04 Installation Issues

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:30 am

Take a look at the post installation steps described in the documentation website
http://docs.logicaldoc.com/en/installat ... doc-ubuntu

Note: the documentation website is for commercial editions of logicaldoc, but nevertheless you can find useful information for LogicalDOC Community Edition
Alex
Se7ensense7en

Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:13 pm

I myself have the same question about the instruction as I cannot find out how should I do with it. The path is intelligently configured during the installing process. I think that we could simply ignore that note as CE version 7.5.1 and above.
agaspa

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:09 am

Hi Se7ensense7en,
in order to start LogicalDOC at system startup you need to follow the steps below:

To start LogicalDOC at server bootstrap you need to copy the startup script into your system initialization directory so execute the command

Code: Select all

# sudo cp /LogicalDOC/bin/logicaldoc /etc/init.d
# sudo chmod 755 /etc/init.d/logicaldoc
Then edit the file /etc/init.d/logicaldoc adjusting the paths.
Save the file and execute the commands:

Code: Select all

# sudo update-rc.d logicaldoc defaults
# sudo service logicaldoc start
Note: I don't remember if the path to adjust in file /etc/init.d/logicaldoc are automatically configured by the installer, maybe yes, but you should check

Return to “Installation”