[CE] Preview problem(?) and restriction features (?)

Problems with installing LogicalDOC? No problems, the solution is closer than you think.

Moderator: car031

Se7ensense7en

[CE] Preview problem(?) and restriction features (?)

Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:10 pm

I am totally new to LogicalDoc. I do plan to deploy the Enterprise Edition in my workspace but I decide to check out the CE first. The installation on Ubuntu 16.04LTS was straight-forward with some minor issues that were all my lack of Linux-based experience but it finally works. I was so exciting to explore the CE as much as possible. After uploading some files, which are .txt, .ods, .xls and .jpg, I selected each of them and click on the Preview tab. A Preview panel appeared but the only thing I could see was "PDF conversion not available". It seemed that only .pdf files are correctly displayed.

My questions are:
  1. Am I required to install the proprietary version to have the Preview feature worked?
  2. I believe that images, documents are converted into PDFs prior to being displayed in the Preivew panel. How could I prevent the viewers from saving and printing the .pdf versions of the origianl documents?
Thanks.
car031

Re: [CE] Preview problem(?) and restriction features (?)

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:58 am

the CE can only preview PDFs, the commercial editions can preview a wide set of document types.
agaspa

Re: [CE] Preview problem(?) and restriction features (?)

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:55 am

Se7ensense7en wrote:
  1. Am I required to install the proprietary version to have the Preview feature worked?
  2. I believe that images, documents are converted into PDFs prior to being displayed in the Preivew panel. How could I prevent the viewers from saving and printing the .pdf versions of the origianl documents?
  1. LogicalDOC Community allows to preview only PDFs and HTML (when properly configured). You can see also thumbnails of images (GIF, JPEG and PNG)
  2. All the documents, except PDFs and HTML are converted in PDFs in order to be displayed in the Preview panel.
    In the security tab of the folder, you can play with permissions in order to enable/disable the right to download/print the PDF, in this way you can prevent users to download/print the PDFs conversion/preview
Alex

Return to “Installation”