upgrade path from 7.1.3 CE to 7.2 CE and higher

Problems with installing LogicalDOC? No problems, the solution is closer than you think.

Moderator: car031

arbatrax

upgrade path from 7.1.3 CE to 7.2 CE and higher

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:09 pm

Hello,
I see there are upgrade paths (upgradeto-7.X.zip) for CE on Sourceforge on logicaldoc - files - distribution for most version from 7.0 to 7.4.3 at least.
I am on CE 7.1.3 and wish to upgrade to a later version, but cannot find a upgradeto-7.2.zip anywhere. Is there a specific reason why I can't find an upgrade path () from 7.1 to 7.2?
If an upgrade is not available, is document exporting supported to a new instance? I cannot find the import/export tab as admin on 7.1.3 CE, so a brand new installation means I would have to start from scratch.
Thanks in advance,
agaspa

Re: upgrade path from 7.1.3 CE to 7.2 CE and higher

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:47 pm

Hi arbatax,
a package to migrate from LogicalDOC Community 7.1.3 to LD 7.2 has never been released.

To upgrade to a later release, you may want to manually update the database,
or as you said, you can export your documents and their metadata and re-import them into a subsequent LogicalDOC using web-services.

For this purpose in the past were released web service examples in PHP, Java and C# that you can use.
Here is a link for your convenience http://wiki.logicaldoc.com/wiki/Bindings_And_Samples

See also LogicalDOC CE Migration Guide

Return to “Installation”