Generate customid using template

LogicalDOC has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.

Moderator: car031

kmac

Generate customid using template

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi, I use templates and customid files. I want to generate a new customid for templates,
But i do not want to checkin / checkout, if such action is possible?
agaspa

Re: Generate customid using template

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:55 am

The option to control and manage custom-id creation is available only in the commercial editions of LogicalDOC under the name: "Custom Document Numbering".
http://www.logicaldoc.com/product/features

With this feature you can enable a custom identifier schema that you can assign to a template.
Consequently, each document marked with that template will take the code generated.
kmac

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:33 pm

Hi agaspa

Thank you for your reply I forgot to add that I have an Enterprise license. CUSTOMID working properly when I add manually the document, in my case the documents are downloaded from the email account and then is set default CUSTOMID. The user then sets the TEMPLATE but value of CUSTOMID is default, which was assigned
while downloading data from mail account.

I need to assign the template to a document and re generate the CUSTOMID

I see that it can be done during checkin / checkout does not need to load the file again, it needs to do the assignment TEMPLATE

is it possible?
mmeschieri

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi kmac, CustromID rules are applied to template. That meas that given a template you can define the numbering rules for all documents for that template.
The E-mail crawler download emails storing them using always the email template, so make sure to define your own rules for this particular template.

For more informations about this feature take a look at: http://docs.logicaldoc.com/en/document- ... om-id.html

Regards
kmac

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:06 pm

Hello again

thanks for answers ... but my problem is not resolved

My situation is like that. I have an email account and on this account are sent documents.
Once a day, wants to move the documents to the appropriate directories.
To maintain order during the change of directory and assigning TEMPLATE wants to regenerate the CUSTOMID
I see this is not possible. CUSTOMID is assigned to the default mail and after assigning TEMPLATE CUSTOMID is not regenerated. I must regenerate once agian ... whether it is possible?

if so, whether and when the plan is implemented?
mmeschieri

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:20 pm

In understand, of course you can configure routing rules to route incoming mails to the correct folders (see the filters tab).

What you are asking for is some kind of Feature Request, in this case i ask you to put your request to the tracking system here: http://bugs.logicaldoc.com

Mark your issue as a 'feature request' so you will be notified about acceptance and/or progress.

My first opinion is that it is difficult, since LogicalDOC needs to assing the email template in order to store e-mail metadata like sender, recipient and so on.
Saving the document with another template will lead to information loss, and actually there are no requests for a feature like this, and in addition this feature request would be on the Commercial edition.

Regards
kmac

Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi

Thank you for your help and I will do as you say

Best Regards

Return to “Configuration”