OpenOffice Path

LogicalDOC has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.

Moderator: car031

numer

OpenOffice Path

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:59 am

Hello,

there is an Option in LogicalDOC that allows to set the path of the installed openoffice. I'm running LogicalDOC on a Debian-Installation and the files of OpenOffice are distributed over different directories. I wonder which binary of OO LogicalDOC is looking for exactly so I can set this up properly.

Thank you very much
agaspa

Re: OpenOffice Path

Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:24 am

You should use the base path of your OpenOffice 3.3 installation.
On a typical CentOS 5.4 installations it is on: /opt/openoffice.org3
numer

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:21 pm

Yes, I know this from the docs. but as I said on Debian or Ubuntu the files are distributed over the file hierarchy. So if you could tell us which files logicaldoc is looking after from OO than we could do the rest.
mmeschieri

Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:34 am

If you have distinct path where the various commands are located, our preview sub-system will not work. In addition we don't invoke OO directly but using a 3rd party artifact so to answare to your question we should 'open' that package and see what executable it launches so you could prepare a dummy foldering with symbolic links i think.
This will require a lot of effort but above all each time there is a release change you/we should check the new logic.

LogicalDOC (with preview feature) is succesfully in production on a wide number of Ubuntu and debian-based distributions and i think you could solve by installing OpenOffice using one of the packages from openoffice.org, they will install the system into one single folder.
numer

Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:56 am

is the preview working with the community edition? what about simple text files, which mechanism creates the preview for it? installing openoffice on debian (which was in path /opt/openoffice3.org/ didn't help.
on my community edition logicaldoc I just see preview for pdf files. so my question is, is this a restriction of the community edition?

Return to “Configuration”