Local Documents

LogicalDOC has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.

Moderator: car031

mhang

Local Documents

Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:43 am

We have Logical Doc Enterprise 6.3.2

We are trying to take PDF's from a local folder on the server and import it into LogicalDoc.

For example, the contents of C:\Test1 is supposed to go into \Test1\ in LogicalDoc.

In Administration -> Import and Export -> Import Folders, we have a link that successfully connects the physical folder and the LogicalDoc folder.

If I create a PDF in C:\Test1 and do nothing = LogicalDoc does not pick the PDF up.

If I right click on Test1 on LogicalDoc and click "Reload" = LogicalDoc does not pick the PDF up.

If I make any changes (such as file size limit) to the link in "Import Folders" and hit save = LogicalDoc finds my files and imports it

This brings 2 questions:

1. How do I force LogicalDoc to scan documents? We ultimately want LogicalDoc to automatically and instantly pick up the file and put it in the database available for viewing.

2. I also tried putting several folders and items under Test1 (C:\Test1\Level2\Stuff.PDF), and it does not pick it up despite we set Depth to "5" on LogicalDoc.
mhang

Re: Local Documents

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:56 pm

I ended up e-mailing support instead and got my answer:

The import procedure is fired by the scheduled task 'Folders Import' that is scheduled to run every 30 minutes. You can force the execution by right-clicking on the task and then select 'Execute'

More specifically for those confused trying out this software as well: Go to Administration -> Scheduled Tasks. Then look for a process called Folders Import.

Return to “Configuration”