LD 6.0.1CE (and possibly 6.6.2CE) log rotation and deletion

LogicalDOC has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.

Moderator: car031

hdv_erasmus

LD 6.0.1CE (and possibly 6.6.2CE) log rotation and deletion

Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:31 pm

Hello,

At the moment we're running LD 6.0.1 on our production environment. This is going to be upgraded soon to LD 6.6.2 but in the meantime i have a question:

We had the problem recently that we ran afoul of the process' limit on open files (ulimit -Hn 6000, ulimit -Sn6000 wasn't enough) so we increased these limits. During the file crisis LD logged what was going on in dms.log

However, dms.log rotates every time it grows to 5.1Mb and it seems to only keeps 6 logs (dms.log and dms.log.1 - dms.log.5) so the original cause of the error has been lost, having occurred 40 minutes before the oldest log entry in dms.log.5. The tomcat log did show an error:

Code: Select all

[timestamp] org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Acceptor 
SEVERE : Socket accept failed 
org.apache.tomcat.jni.Error:Too many open files [...]
40 minutes earlier

How do i keep logicaldoc from discarding logs that are still of interest to me? how do i increase the amount of logs that are stored before they are deleted? if possible, both in 6.0.1CE and 6.6.2CE

many thanks
car031

Re: LD 6.0.1CE (and possibly 6.6.2CE) log rotation and delet

Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:37 pm

You can configure the log rotation policies in this file WEB-INF/classes/log.xml:

the elements <param name="MaxFileSize" value="5MB" /> configure the maximum file size
the elements <param name="MaxBackupIndex" value="5" /> configure the maximum number of backups

After editing, restart the application

the most important log file is dms.log

Return to “Configuration”