Scheduling Full and Incremental Backups

LogicalDOC has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.

Moderator: car031

die7fox

Scheduling Full and Incremental Backups

Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:29 pm

We recently purchased a Backup license for LogicalDOC. I'm running the first backup now, and it looks like everything is being backed up incrementally. Shouldn't the first backup be a full backup?

On that note, is there a way to schedule full and incremental backups? Any command parameters to pass to backup.sh? I'd like to set cronjobs for both. Thanks!
agaspa

Re: Scheduling Full and Incremental Backups

Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:35 am

Normally the product that you have purchased works by producing incremental backups.
This means that the first use of the backup tool will produce a full backup, since there are no previous data.

It is possible to schedule the execution using the functions of the operating system, on Linux you will have to use cron, on windows you should use Task Scheduler.
die7fox

Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:50 pm

Thanks. Is there any mechanism for informing the system administrator about whether the backup was successful? It would be nice to get an e-mail when the job completes.
agaspa

Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:49 am

Hi die7fox,
certainly this would be an interesting feature and should not be too difficult to implement.
Unfortunately the current version of the backup tool does not support this feature, so I suggest you report this implementation on the Issue tracker
http://issues.logicaldoc.com/
die7fox

Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:42 am

Thanks. I'll do that!

Return to “Configuration”