disable changed password email?

LogicalDOC has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.

Moderator: car031

OneLoveAmaru

disable changed password email?

Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:49 pm

I would really like to stop LogicalDOC from sending out an email with the plain text password inside of it. We are an IT security company and this is a no no.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
mmeschieri

Re: disable changed password email?

Fri May 01, 2015 3:51 pm

The pasword is sent by email only if you leave checked the option 'notify by email'
OneLoveAmaru

Fri May 01, 2015 8:58 pm

I want the initial email and password to be sent to them but I do not want another email sent to them once they change their password at first login or any other time after that.

Also, is there a way to increase the complexity of the first password the system assigns to them?
mmeschieri

Sat May 02, 2015 7:30 am

I repeat when you change the password of the user you have the notify credentials flag, just uncheck it.
No way to change the complexity of the first password assigned by the system.
OneLoveAmaru

Tue May 05, 2015 4:42 pm

I don't think that you are understanding what I'm asking. I am not changing the users password, the user is changing their password on first login.

This is what I'm doing.

I click Add User, I fill in the details and have checked notify credentials, enabled and change password at first login. | I WANT the user to be emailed their credentials when I first create their account AND want them to be prompted to change that password at first login.

I DO NOT want them to get anymore emails with their password showing in plain text.

I understand you saying I can just leave the notify by email unchecked but when I do that, the user is not emailed their password on account creation.

IF however, I could turn that off right after I create their new account, that would work, except there is no option to do so.
mmeschieri

Wed May 06, 2015 7:48 am

Ok, this you are asking is not available in the software right now.
OneLoveAmaru

Wed May 06, 2015 4:26 pm

Is there a way I can have it email them their password the first time, then manually change something in the database that removes the password email notifications per account?
mmeschieri

Thu May 07, 2015 7:29 am

Sorry, the notification of the change is not controlled by a setting, LogicalDOC sends the credentials when the user changes them because in the past users were unable to enter the system beacuse they didn't remember the password itself, hope you understand. I think this thread touched every details about this feature....
OneLoveAmaru

Tue May 19, 2015 4:04 pm

I specifically asked if I could change something in the database to stop them from receiving notifications after the first email? It's database driven, so I think it's safe to assume the setting for this is in the database.
mmeschieri

Tue May 19, 2015 4:53 pm

Sorry, the question is unclear. The notifications cannot be enabled 'just for the first time'. If you want you could change the user's email to an unezisting email table: ld_user, column: ld_email

Return to “Configuration”