Openoffice integration in Community Edition

LogicalDOC has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.

Moderator: car031

jana krish

Openoffice integration in Community Edition

Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:06 pm

Hi,

I have installed LogicalDoc community edition 7.2.1 version. The installation was successful without any issues, thanks to the installation guide.

However post installation, I am having issues with opening Office docs, txt files even after installing OpenOffice 4.1 version in my machine and setting the path in Logicaldoc. The preview always default to Flexpaper and documents types other than pdf\images are not available for preview. Please can you let me know on how this can be fixed? Does community edition support preview of office files types?

On a different note, please can you also let me know if there is anyway to turn off the email and messaging option in the community edition as we want it depreciated for security reasons.

Any help in this is much appreciated.

Regards
Jana
shatzing

Re: Openoffice integration in Community Edition

Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:49 pm

Hi jana,
the preview for office documents using OpenOffice is available only on commercial editions of LogicalDOC.
In LogicalDOC Community the configuration field is visible, but there is not really the code that performs the conversion
car031

Re: Openoffice integration in Community Edition

Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:30 pm

Hi Jana,
a quite comprehensive list of the features in LogicalDOC Community is available here
http://www.logicaldoc.com/product/features.html

Return to “Configuration”