Change ext properties heading labels

LogicalDOC has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.

Moderator: car031

lmilesuk

Change ext properties heading labels

Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:33 pm

Is it possible to change the name of the labels in Ext. properties to make them more relevant for users; I.D I would like to change the Custom ID label and also the Notes Label to Changelog. I've done a recursive search in Notepad through the logicaldoc sources files in my working ubuntu install and can't find the Label headings for these, also can I make the Custom ID a mandatory heading?

Could someone with an understanding of the file structure provide me with a pointer as too where I need to change these? I don't want to change the search tags so it doesn't mess all teh query stuff up merely the description shown in the label?

Many thanks in advance?
agaspa

Re: Change ext properties heading labels

Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:08 pm

Yes, it is possible.
The labels are in a property file inside the jar file logicaldoc-i18n-7.4.1.jar
in folder C:\LogicalDOC\tomcat\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib

Depending on the language you're using you will have to edit the appropriate propery file eg. for en-US: messages_en_US.properties

Aftery you modify the .jar file you will need to restart the system in order that the application-server reload the library (jar file).

By default custom-ID is a mandatory field, that if not filled by the user will take the ID of the document.
In the enterprise edition of LogicalDOC the Custom-ID might be also a "speaking" code built from a user-defined schema
http://www.logicaldoc.com/features/cust ... ifier.html
Attachments
ScreenHunter_206 Feb. 02 12.07.gif
Administration - Custom ID
ScreenHunter_206 Feb. 02 12.07.gif (47.43 KiB) Viewed 3644 times

Return to “Configuration”