Document Timestamp

We tried to make LogicalDOC as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.

Moderator: car031

real_skydiver

Document Timestamp

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:44 pm

Hi folks,

I'm a logicaldoc-newbe. I tried it a few years ago. Back than I couldn't really convince my family to store all our docs in it - it was just not intuitive enough. Now, with version 6 this is a totally new story - and my family loves it. So far so good.

After setting up the accounts, a basic folder structure and the access rights I started to 'upload' documents. After a while I noticed, that all documents show up (in logicaldoc) with the timestamp when they where uploaded. Even "Last Change" shows that date. That is kinda sad, because some might want to know the original (OS) timestamp. Am I missing something here?

Regards!
agaspa

Re: Document Timestamp

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:23 am

When you upload a document to the HTTP server on which runs logicaldoc it can't know the date when the document was created on the user's filesystem.
For this reason, the creation date of the document corresponds to the time the document was created in the document management system (LogicalDOC).
However, if you like there is another field that we have provided in the metadata of the document to specify this information.
The field is "Date" and you can specify it in the Extended property of a document
Attachments
document-Source-Date.gif
Specifing the document source date in LogicalDOC 6.0.1
document-Source-Date.gif (24.31 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
real_skydiver

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:29 am

Thanks for that info. I already thought so, I couldn't come up with an idea how to read the timestamp in a browser. And that brought up that idea to write a tool, possibly (Win-)GUI (maybe as shell extension - that would be cool) to insert documents into logicaldoc - with batch upload capabilities plus correct file timestamp information. The goal would not to make money with it - I would release it under open source - but to make life easier. Before getting into the details, would it be possibly to get some technical halp in terms of interfaces (http, xml, soa ... ?) I could possibly use?
real_skydiver

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:31 am

I just found 'Web Services' - that pretty much renders my previous posting obsolete ;)

Sorry for posting before searching.

Return to “Usage”