Few questions

We tried to make LogicalDOC as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.

Moderator: car031

d_asn

Few questions

Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:00 am

Hi there,

LogicalDOc is something new for me, and at the moment I'm still exploring this stuff (the community edition) in windows environment.

I'm wondering if the automated backup script only available for commercial edition? (since I don't find the particular backup.bat file in there). Could someone advise the appropriate way to perform backup for the community edition ?

Secondly, if the application is using Mysql for the database, I also could not find this program either. (sorry, I'm not quite familiar with tomcat & java environment, so perhaps there might be specific way to access to the program).

Thanks.
car031

Re: Few questions

Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:11 pm

The backup script is not available in the Community

MySQL is the reference DB for the product
agaspa

Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:57 pm

First of all you must have MySQL installed in your PC/Server, then you should create an empty database schema named logicaldoc
See this page in our Wiki http://wiki.logicaldoc.com/wiki/Install ... L_database
agaspa

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:01 pm

See also this post on Yahoo Answers: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 331AAsi9fK
d_asn

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:31 am

Hi guys,

Thanks for your helpful replies.

First I would like to let you know that I have no problem with the software so far.. it's already installed, and everything is running okay :)

I'm just curios want to see the database stucture of the program. Btw, if this is not using Mysql, then what kind of DB has been used for default installation?

thanks.
benson

Tue May 29, 2012 7:54 am

I have got some problem using it. I have uploaded the file eg. myfile.doc and inside it i have got the content "this is the test of file." and another file eg. myfile2.doc and inside it i have got the content "this is the test of the admin and users.". Can we search the file name according to the content. For eg. If i had written "test" in search box, then it must return the myfile.doc and myfile1.doc. and when i search "admin", then it returns the myfile1.doc. Is this possible in the LogicalDoc. I had read this in the logicalform home page that it can be possible but i couldnot perform this operation. Please would you help me out in this context
agaspa

Thu May 31, 2012 2:15 pm

This is a question I enjoy answering.
The full-text search of logicaldoc provides the indexing process, ie the process that extracts the text content of documents and inserts it in the search index.
Only when a document has been indexed it is possible to execute full-text searches on its content.
This activity in LogicalDOC is performed by a Scheduled task named "Indexer task".
Scheduled Tasks

When a document has been indexed a small "silos" icon is shown before its Icon
http://docs.logicaldoc.com/en/basic-ope ... ments.html

To this point you can perform full-text searches and your document will be found by the search engine.
Note: You can force the execution of a Scheduled Task by right clicking and selecting execute from the context menu

Return to “Usage”