Security Groups

We tried to make LogicalDOC as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.

Moderator: car031

mobistar

Security Groups

Mon May 21, 2012 8:00 am

I am using Logicaldoc 6.4.1 CE and have created a number of new groups,assigned users and assigned the group permissions to the folders. It seems that membership of the new groups does not grant access to the folders. Only membership of the pre-existing groups such as authors, guests etc is working.
The problem also existed on 6.4.
Is this a featiure of the CE version or should it work?
agaspa

Re: Security Groups

Mon May 21, 2012 8:46 am

When you create a new group you should specify its inheritance,
so in practice all new groups must inherit from a pre-existing group
mobistar

Tue May 22, 2012 3:36 am

Yes, I did specify the group from which to inherit policies, although a) I don't see anywhere to change the original group's policies , unless it is just the first level permissions from the Documents tree and b) the selected group from which to inherit the policies does not remain in the selection box when the details are saved, so cannot be seen at a later time.

If I create a new group, "team", inheriting from "publishers" , add the user to "team" and grant for example, "add folder" permissions, and apply to the top level and sub-folders then log in as the user, I see no folders or files at all.
If I then make the user a member of "guest" (which has no "add folder" or write permissions) in addition to the new "team" group then log in , I can see the folder structure and can create new folders. Removing the user from "guest" reverts back to having no visibility of the content.
car031

Tue May 22, 2012 6:54 am

The 'inherit from group'' is just an utility you can use when creating a new group: in this way you will be able to inherit all the permissions of an existing group but the two groups will always be independent.

Please download the latest 6.4.1 because there are some fixes about this topic.
mobistar

Wed May 23, 2012 2:15 am

I am running the latest logicaldoc-6.4.1-tomcat-bundle.zip from sourceforge

Return to “Usage”