Document blank when try to open with Office

We tried to make LogicalDOC as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.

Moderator: car031

cechols

Document blank when try to open with Office

Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:52 pm

I have a test/demo of the Enterprise edition installed. I have also installed the Office and Outlook addins on my computer. When I attempt to "Edit with Office" any documents from within LogicalDocs, Word opens but it pulls up a blank document. I can successfully preview Word documents, and I can successfully check them in and check them out. If I double click on a Word document within LogicalDocs, it opens that document up in Word in a read only format. The LogicalDoc addin also shows up in Word, is configured correctly, and allows me to open documents in LogicalDocs and save documents to LogicalDocs. The only function I cannot get to work is Edit with Office from within the LogicalDocs interface. Any idea how to fix this?
mmeschieri

Re: Document blank when try to open with Office

Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:21 pm

This behaviour is because you have not already configured the Office/Outlook addin. Please enter in Office/Outlook and click in the LogicalDOC/Settings icon.
Here configure the connection credentials.
cechols

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Thank you for the reply. I have confirmed that both the Office and Outlook addins are configured correctly (can connect to the database) from within each respective program. However, the issue still exists - I am unable to "Edit with Office" any Microsoft Word documents. Using this feature opens a blank document in Word entitled "Document1". I am using Word 2007.
mmeschieri

Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:30 pm

very strange, perhaps the support service will connect to your system for further investigations.

Return to “Usage”