Build error

We tried to make LogicalDOC as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.

Moderator: car031

sean_jan

Build error

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:33 am

Hello,

I am trying to build your lasted release 6.7.1 CE using maven 2.2.1 and ant 1.7.0. The following error occurs:

INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh: checking for updates from central
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh: checking for updates from logicaldoc
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh: checking for updates from ibiblio
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh: checking for updates from ibiblio-mirror
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh: checking for updates from maven2-repository.dev.java.net
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh: checking for updates from org.springsource.maven
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh: checking for updates from smartgwt
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh: checking for updates from gwtupload
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh: checking for updates from gwtchismes
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh: checking for updates from bramosystems-releases
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh: checking for updates from gwt-image-loader-repo
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh: checking for updates from google-api-services
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-ssh: checking for updates from sourceforge
Downloading: http://repo2.maven.org/maven2//org/code ... ls-1.4.pom
1K downloaded (plexus-utils-1.4.pom)
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Unable to initialise extensions
Component descriptor role: 'com.jcraft.jsch.UIKeyboardInteractive', implementation: 'org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.ssh.jsch.interactive.PrompterUIKeyboardInteractive', role hint: 'default' has a hint, but there are other implementations that don't

And I am no longer able to build the 5.2.1 release either. It complains about many missing artifacts in the repository. Could you please provide assistance.
Thank you very much.
sean_jan

Re: Build error

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:19 pm

I just managed to make a build in the path logicaldoc-6.7.1-src/build/poms using maven 3.0.3 by issuing mvn install. The README.txt needs to be updated because it's giving false instructions about maven version to be used.

There is another problem though: now I am trying to build in the path logicaldoc-6.7.1-src/community/logicaldoc by using mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true install. The following error is displayed:

[INFO] Building logicaldoc 6.7.1
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-install-plugin:2.3.1:install (default-install) @ logicaldoc ---
[INFO] Installing /Users/ardeshir/datarooms/logicaldoc-6.7.1-src/community/logicaldoc/pom.xml to /Users/ardeshir/.m2/repository/com/logicaldoc/logicaldoc/6.7.1/logicaldoc-6.7.1.pom
[INFO]
[INFO] Building logicaldoc-util 6.7.1
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.4.3:resources (default-resources) @ logicaldoc-util ---
[WARNING] Using platform encoding (MacRoman actually) to copy filtered resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!
[INFO] Copying 1 resource
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile (default-compile) @ logicaldoc-util ---
[INFO] Compiling 47 source files to /Users/ardeshir/datarooms/logicaldoc-6.7.1-src/community/logicaldoc/logicaldoc-util/target/classes
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[ERROR] Failure executing javac, but could not parse the error:
javac: invalid target release: 1.7
Usage: javac <options> <source files>
use -help for a list of possible options

[INFO] 1 error
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
[INFO] logicaldoc ........................................ SUCCESS [0.135s]
[INFO] logicaldoc-util ................................... FAILURE [0.354s]
[INFO] logicaldoc-i18n ................................... SKIPPED
[INFO] logicaldoc-core ................................... SKIPPED
[INFO] logicaldoc-webservice ............................. SKIPPED
[INFO] logicaldoc-webdav ................................. SKIPPED
[INFO] logicaldoc-cmis ................................... SKIPPED
[INFO] logicaldoc-gui .................................... SKIPPED
[INFO] logicaldoc-webapp ................................. SKIPPED
[INFO] logicaldoc-benchmark .............................. SKIPPED
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile (default-compile) on project logicaldoc-util: Compilation failure
[ERROR] Failure executing javac, but could not parse the error:
[ERROR] javac: invalid target release: 1.7
[ERROR] Usage: javac <options> <source files>

Could you please help me with this issue.
Many thanks.
agaspa

Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:17 am

Thanks for the correction ! We need definitely to change that info file README.txt

It seems that the maven compiler is not able to perform the job using the javac compiler that you're using.
In the general pom.xml it is set as the level of compliance the java version 1.7 both as source and as target,
so at least you should have a java compiler (java) 1.7 (Java JDK 7).
See the information in pom.xml regarding maven-compiler-plugin

This is the page of the maven-compiler-plugin on the Maven website
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/
agaspa

Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:29 am

You may try to execute the build of the individual artifacts:
cd logicaldoc-util
mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true clean install

cd logicaldoc-core
mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true clean install

when you've done with this two you can go back and try to execute the complete build
cd..
mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true install
sean_jan

Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:10 am

Hello,

Thanks you very much for the hints. I managed to solve my problem by using java 1.7, unlike what's been instructed in README.txt ;-)

However, I am facing another problem. I am now able to build logicaldoc-util without any problems. Trying to build logicaldoc-core, I get the following error:

[INFO] Building logicaldoc-core 6.7.1
[WARNING] The POM for javax.media:jai-core:jar:1.1.3 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.sun.media:jai-codec:jar:1.1.3 is missing, no dependency information available
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 0.950s
[INFO] Finished at: Sat Jun 15 10:55:29 CEST 2013
[INFO] Final Memory: 9M/130M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project logicaldoc-core: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.logicaldoc:logicaldoc-core:jar:6.7.1: The following artifacts could not be resolved: javax.media:jai-core:jar:1.1.3, com.sun.media:jai-codec:jar:1.1.3: Failure to find javax.media:jai-core:jar:1.1.3 in http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of ibiblio has elapsed or updates are forced ->

So I downloaded jai-codec-1.1.3.jar, jai-codec-1.1.3.pom and jai-core-1.1.3.jar manually and placed them in the directory logicaldoc-6.7.1-src/build/poms. Then I executed mvn install and had a successful build. logicaldoc-util builds also successfully. With the logicaldoc-core however, I keep getting the same error, missing artifact.

Is there anything I am overlooking or doing wrong?

Thank you for your help once again.
Cheers
agaspa

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:28 am

The problem here is that the two artifacts javax.media:jai-core:jar:1.1.3
and com.sun.media:jai-codec:jar:1.1.3 are not public, but licensed by Sun-Oracle.

You should get them from internet and install them in your Maven repository.
(or you can get them from the LD dist bundle [in the war file]).
http://sourceforge.net/projects/logical ... p/download

Then you must install them in your maven repo.
The command line is something like this:
mvn install:install-file -DpomFile=jbpm-identity-3.2.3-patch.pom -Dfile=jbpm-identity-3.2.3-patch.jar

In attachment the 2 pom files

BR
Alex
Attachments
pom-files.zip
(1.44 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
sean_jan

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:17 am

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for your help. However my problem resists to exit, but in different forms every time, which is a sign of progress :-)

I have place jai-core:jar:1.1.3 and jai-codec:jar:1.1.3 in /urs/local/ as well as 2 pom files you attached before. Then I execute

mvn install:install-file -DpomFile=jbpm-identity-3.2.3-patch.pom -Dfile=jbpm-identity-3.2.3-patch.jar

and get the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.3.1:install-file (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: File not found /usr/local/jbpm-identity-3.2.3-patch.pom: /usr/local/jbpm-identity-3.2.3-patch.pom (No such file or directory)

I understand it's complaining about jbpm-identity-3.2.3-patch.pom but I can't find it anywhere to download and I am not even sure if that's the main problem! I am using maven 3.0.3.

Could you please further assist me.
Many thanks
agaspa

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Dear Sean,
as I said before the command that I gave you is just an example,
you should adapt it to your needs..

So for the jar-core the command would be:
mvn install:install-file -DpomFile=jai-core-1.1.3.pom -Dfile=jai-core-1.1.3.jar

and for the file jai-codec it should be :
mvn install:install-file -DpomFile=jai-codec-1.1.3.pom -Dfile=jai-codec-1.1.3.jar
Attachments
pom_files2.zip
(1.44 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
sean_jan

Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:26 pm

Hello again and thanks very much for your support.
That was indeed a sloppy mistake of mine. I managed to install those two missing artifacts and am now able to build all the modules. However, there is still a problem with building logicaldoc-webdav module:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project logicaldoc-webdav: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.logicaldoc:logicaldoc-webdav:jar:6.7.1: Failure to find javax.jcr:jcr:jar:1.0.1 in http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of ibiblio has elapsed or updates are forced

So I downloaded jcr:jcr:jar:1.0.1 manually and installed it by: mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=jsr170 -DartifactId=jcr -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=jcr-1.0.1.jar and it was done successfully. Despite doing this though, the same error occurs over and over when building webdav module...

Many thanks,
Sean
agaspa

Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:27 pm

Dear sean,
be aware that you typed 1.0 as the version parameter, it should be 1.0.1
or if you want you can use the file .pom in attachment
Attachments
jcr-101-files.zip
(29.61 KiB) Downloaded 306 times

Return to “Usage”