search options

We tried to make LogicalDOC as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.

Moderator: car031

regev81

search options

Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:24 am

hey, i have some questions about the search options.
-In the folder search, how can i enter the folder that i found?
-There is a way to search by text and receive only results that match in 100% score?

THANKS
agaspa

Re: search options

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:53 pm

Hi Regev,
please specify the version of LogicalDOC you're using...

In the full-text search option you can filter the result specifying a folder.
Simply select the folder using the graphical selector.

With regards to the search with 100% match,
you can use the double quote character to specify exactly the words that you want eg: "national government"

Alex
Attachments
Full-text_Search_folder_selector.gif
Full-text search - folder selector
Full-text_Search_folder_selector.gif (30 KiB) Viewed 4816 times
regev81

Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:11 am

thanks,i am familiar with the graphical selector, my goal in this matter is to see the all content of one's folder without filtering by entering an expression.
as i understood you must enter an expression in order to search using the full-text search.

searching using the folders search allow you to enter the folder after you searched and found it?

i'm using logicaldoc community version 6.8.1
shatzing

Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:09 pm

Hi regev81,

in the Full-text Search panel you must add an expression to search for, then you may filter the results using a folder.
This will not let you see the contents of the folder without entering a search expression.

If you are looking for a folder, maybe because you have a very complex structure of the repository, you can search by Folder.

Note: the folder search is case sensitive on the name
Note 02: using the right mouse click on the folder you can open the folder and see its content,
in alternative you can see the path of the folder (as a link) on the bottom panel
Folder-search.gif
Folder search
Folder-search.gif (22.74 KiB) Viewed 4802 times
regev81

Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:46 pm

when i'm trying to open the folder that i found using the folder search, by right mouse click as you suggested in note 02 the software returns to the document default tab without opening any specific folder.
what can cause this problem?
and does the folder supposed to open in a new window like the path way? or in the same software window?

thanks
shatzing

Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:04 pm

Well the right mouse click actually opens the parent node that contains the folder found in Search by folder.
So if your folder is children of the root you will see the documents in the root.
But you should also see the children folders of root in the folder tree panel.

Clicking the link on the folder path (bottom panel) will open the selected folder in a new browser window (or in a new tab).
regev81

Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:01 pm

ok. i have a few more question about some important features that i don't know if the software can provide.
- there is a way to quickly get to a folder in the documents tab by typing the primary letters, without using the search option? much like in an ordinary folder on the computer that contains documents.

-in the search result display, can i add a column which shows the full path of a document and not just the final folder of it.

- when i am opening a new folder in the documents tab, can i set a few folders that automatically will be added to the folder i created.

thanks again
car031

Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:38 pm

there is a way to quickly get to a folder in the documents tab by typing the primary letters, without using the search option? much like in an ordinary folder on the computer that contains documents.
No there is no such an option, perhaps you might add a feature request in http://bugs.logicaldoc.com
in the search result display, can i add a column which shows the full path of a document and not just the final folder of it.
Unfortunaltely this cannot be done for performance reasons: the computation of the path for each returned hit will slow down the search
when i am opening a new folder in the documents tab, can i set a few folders that automatically will be added to the folder i created
I think you could use the folders template feature athat will allow you define a set of templates each one defining a specific folders tree skeleton that you can then apply to an existing or newly created folder. This feature is available in LogicalDOC Enterprise and is described here: http://docs.logicaldoc.com/es/document- ... lates.html

Return to “Usage”