Folder Permissions

We tried to make LogicalDOC as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.

Moderator: car031

gharlam

Folder Permissions

Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:15 pm

There is a major limitation in the system where you can't undo any explicit permissions on a folder an revert them to be inherited.
Support has indicated that permissions don't just propagate down the tree, but folders actually point to a specific parent to inherit their permissions.

I'd like to see a new "Inherit From" button that pops up a list of folders allowing one to be selected and then points the permissions for that folder to a folder you select.
mmeschieri

Re: Folder Permissions

Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:42 am

If you want to revert back the permissions you can go up one level on the direct parent and here click on 'Apply right to sub-folders', this will restore back the permissions.

Regarding your wish, it appears a feature request and your should add this in http://bugs.logicaldoc.com
gharlam

Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:46 pm

Yes, that would work. In my case, I was several layers deep into my folders. I guess, if I went one level up (to a folder that was inheriting permissions from a parent), I could "mirror" that inheritance by pushing it down.
car031

Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Right i confirm, in any case what you posted in the tracker will allow us to improve this specific area. Thanks for your contribution.

Return to “Usage”