Checkin not working when editing with Google Docs

We tried to make LogicalDOC as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.

Moderator: car031

die7fox

Checkin not working when editing with Google Docs

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:17 pm

Hello. I'm able to open and edit documents using Google Docs, but when I click the Checkin button in the upper right corner, some strange things happen.

The document History shows the version number change, but the file itself remains checked out and the version number in the top panel stays the same.

A copy of the file shows up in Google Drive, with my changes, but this version of the file does not show up when I check the document back in using the Checkin button from within Google Docs. Am I mistaken in believing that the Google Docs functionality should be the same as the Microsoft Office Add-In? (i.e., direct editing/checkin-checkout of documents?)

In other words, the checkin button doesn't appear to do anything but return me to my LogicalDOC session when I'm done editing. The only way for me to check the document back in is to do it the long way, by right-clicking on it and selecting the new version of the file from within my Google Drive app. Not the end of the world, but I was just wondering if this is by design or if it's a bug.
mmeschieri

Re: Checkin not working when editing with Google Docs

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:34 pm

When you choose 'checkin' in the editing popup of GoogleDocs, the document must be checkedin into LogicalDOC, a new version is created and the document itself unlocked. If this doesn't happen, probably the LogicalDOC server was unable to contact GoogleDocs from your LogicalDOC's server

Return to “Usage”