LogicalDOC Backup/Restore Options

We tried to make LogicalDOC as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.

Moderator: car031

die7fox

LogicalDOC Backup/Restore Options

Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:24 pm

We use the proprietary LogicalDOC backup feature to back up our data, and it appears to be working well. We have yet to use the restore feature, however.

If I run restore.sh, what options, if any, will I have? Can I restore individual files, or is it an all-or-nothing proposition? The documentation for this feature is somewhat lacking.
mmeschieri

Re: LogicalDOC Backup/Restore Options

Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:27 am

The documentation about the backup tool is available at: http://docs.logicaldoc.com/en/professional-backup

The LogicalDOC Backup is available for the commercial editions and requires to be purchased apart.
agaspa

Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:38 am

Hello Die7fox,
currently the functionality does not allow you to restore individual files, it runs a full system recovery.
But if you want you can get your hands on the execution file (build.xml) and comment (as example) the restoring of the database.
Be aware that the restoring first drop the database, then creates a new one, then restores into this empty schema the backup data.

Just comment the line

Code: Select all

<antcall target="restore-db" />
with

Code: Select all

<!--
    <antcall target="restore-db" />
    -->
papaeredi

Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:25 am

for my 7.1 version it's impossible to get backup whith the application downloaded in the site?
thanks
papaeredi

Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:27 am

for my 7.1 community edition it's impossible to get backup whith the application downloaded in the server?

Return to “Usage”