Identify an Alias

We tried to make LogicalDOC as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.

Moderator: car031

prcua-help-desk

Identify an Alias

Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:26 pm

Several versions back, when I would copy a document and paste as an alias, the alias file would have an generic icon representation, I believe, with an arrow in it. Now, when I paste as alias, the icon representation identifies the type of document as I would expect, as the original file, but no special identifier in the icon. However, I find it difficult to determine if this file is an alias. The only way I can tell, is by looking at the ID. If the original file's ID and this ID match, I know that the file is an alias.

Is there some other way now to identify which files are an alias. The reason I bring this up is when our end users will be providing a file to another group of users, they will provide an alias representation of that file for ease of maintaining only one file in logicaldoc, instead of duplicates of that file. But what comes to question now is how can they determine that they correctly pasted it as an alias instead of just a paste, which produces a duplicate, besides trying to compare ID numbers.
mmeschieri

Re: Identify an Alias

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:45 pm

Sure, you can point your mouse cursor in the ID property in the properties panel and a popup will show you it is an alias.
prcua-help-desk

Re: Identify an Alias

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:48 pm

Excellent. Thanks.

Return to “Usage”