Database not connected

Problems with installing LogicalDOC? No problems, the solution is closer than you think.

Moderator: car031

karlhui

Database not connected

Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:37 pm

Dear all,

This is my first time to try LogicalDOC, installing in CentOS7 (minimal installation).

I'm at the step of "java -jar logicaldoc-installer.jar", but after entering all the MySQL config, error "Database not connected" comes out. I checked I can use the user and password to connect localhost MySQL, also I have created the database.

Anyone know what I'm missing?

Thank you very much.
agaspa

Re: Database not connected

Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:32 pm

Hi karlhui,
you should use an user that can connect to the database with username and password.
Plus that user must have privileges to create tables and add records into them.

It is not required that you create the database schema, if your provide to the installer the password of the root MySQL user LogicalDOC installer automatically creates the DB schema.

However for your convenience here is the list of the 3 commands to create user, the db schema and grant privileges

CREATE USER 'logicaldoc'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
CREATE DATABASE logicaldoc;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON logicaldoc.* TO 'logicaldoc'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION;

MySQL 5.6
subrat.patel

Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:19 pm

dear friends,

I am trying to install on Windows Server and Oracle 10g. But getting Database not connected error although oracle client has been installed and i can access the database from the machine. jdk 8 is also installed. What should be my next step?
agaspa

Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:41 pm

Hi Subrat,

you should first create the database schema/user in Oracle.
Then during the setup you should provide username/password of the database to the installer.
This is a step by step installation of LogicalDOC Community into Oracle 10g Express Edition

* Note that in the new graphical installer of LD the screens are quite different
subrat.patel

Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:37 am

Hi agaspa,

My installers is community edition 7.3 and Database is Oracle 10g. I have already created a user named logicaldoc and given all the parameters in step 7 and when pressing next button it says database not connected.

Please help.

Thanks
Se7ensense7en

Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:52 pm

My colleague did have the trouble with the "database not connected" error this morning when he re-installed LD-CE. He claimed that there was nothing wrong with his input and configuration. I tried to retype the 'root' into the username field and password into the password field, then click Next. Everything was fine and only table duplicate errors were yielded. I guess that you should check the connection again (via terminal) to ensure that the credentials are correct!

Return to “Installation”