How do I set up and then query multi value attributes using your APIs

Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.

Moderator: car031

mtagservices

How do I set up and then query multi value attributes using your APIs

Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:25 pm

Hi All,

I have a requirement to create multi value attributes and then query those attributes using either REST API or Web Services. I've noticed that the REST APIs are not as up to date as the Web Services so I'm having to use the Web Services even though I'd rather use the REST APIs. At this point in time, it doesn't matter how I accomplish the search as long as I get it to work correctly.
For example, I have a document that may have several invoices numbers associated with the document. How do I go about having a document with one attribute that can contain the several invoices.
The next step is to know how to query the multi value attribute. If I have the document from the example mentioned that has five invoices (12345, 23456, 34567, 45678. 56789), how do I best query the attribute to return the document if it has one or many of the example invoice numbers above. I've searched the forum and I can't find any examples using multi value attributes, nor examples on how to query them.
I'm referring to the SOAP documentation located at https://docs.logicaldoc.com/resources/w ... earch.html
I noticed a response:
Name: parent Type: String Description: The reference attribute name, used for multi value attributes
I have a deadline for my entire project to be delivered by September 30th, 2019 and I am depending on the multi value attribute for the reasons described above. I need to return a list of documents that may contain one or many of the provided invoice numbers in the attribute.
In short, I need to know how to go about setting up a multi value attribute and then the best way to query against all documents with the attribute but not have to return all documents and then evaluate whether it has the multi value attribute as that would take significant resources to perform the search.
Can I please get some assistance in this matter?

Thank you in advance!

Return to “Web Services”