Database Queries for reporting

Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.

Moderator: car031

rianjj

Database Queries for reporting

Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:14 pm

I am evaluating the product for a potential client and I like what I see, but I feel that summary reporting doesn't really exist in this product. I believe that may be a deal stopper, so I am trying to ascertain how I can get to the data, perhaps through SQL queries. As I am not a programmer or developer, I feel that using SQL would be a bit easier for me to implement a rudimentary solution. Any suggestions would be great. I really need to be able to produce the following reports:

1. Work Flow Name, Workflow Start time, Workflow End time, Task Name, Task Start time, Task End time, End-state name, comments, workflow description

(I assume that data resides somewhere in the database as all of the information gets created during the course of a workflow and some of it is available in the History tab of the workflow).

2. Folder Names, Number of Folders, Number of Documents in eachr folder, number of folders in each folder.

The bottom line is I need to be able to summarize the statuses of workflows (i.e., 1200 workflows in <insert_state>, 700 workflows in <insert state>, and If they completed what was the end-state.

I also need to be able to summarize the number of documents/folders in each folder (to include the folder names).

Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.
mmeschieri

Re: Database Queries for reporting

Tue May 31, 2011 7:37 am

One thing that can help you it to take a look into the .sql scripts contained in your <LDOC_HOME>/install/sql directory.

These are the database initaialization scripts, with them you can see all the tables and relations in order to create your own queries.

Return to “Web Services”