Performance

Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.

Moderator: car031

xjeromeflores12

Performance

Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:46 am

Hi would like to ask, regarding on performance of LogicalDoc, via localhost, (we're actually using this on our server). The problem was, when Open LogicalDoc from (web browser iE, Chrome etc.) The loading of the program was too slow, and the Log-in form also. Aside from that when I creating a folder, uploading a document it slow down. Can anyone explain what I'm going to do?

I actually do the Drop Index - Reschedule all for indexing. And it gives some improvements.
Also the Index Optimization was stopping from Manual Execution.

I hope someone will answer my question, because we're planning to test run the CE version before we decide if we are going to purchase the Enterprise Ed.

Thank you.
shatzing

Re: Performance

Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:17 am

Once the software has completed its initialization phase, the program should be quick to show you the login page.
Obviously if you have just started the program or the service you have to wait a waiting time, because until the resources of the program have not been loaded in memory the software does not respond.
This time depends on the performance of your system, on a fast system: Intel Core i7 7700HQ with 12GB of RAM LogicalDOC Enterprise 8.0 takes 26/27 seconds.
For a LogicalDOC Community this waiting time should be less with the same hardware configuration.

In addition, the time taken to start the application, but also for all other services such as uploading and indexing documents depends heavily on the performance of your hard drive.
An SSD hard drive is about 10 times faster than a traditional mechanical hard drive; this translates into a faster consultation speed of the tree, faster application start-up and less time for uploading and indexing documents

Note: LogicalDOC Enterprise 8.0 is a bit more optimized in respect to the latest version released of LogicalDOC CE 7.7.6. That optimizations will be made available to the next release of LogicalDOC CE.

Note #02: try to not check "Immediate Indexing" during upload

Br.
Frank
xjeromeflores12

Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:30 am

Thanks Sir Frank,

Yes actually we're not using 'Immediate Indexing' I know the LogicalDoc CE has its own schedule of indexing the documents. Will try to upgrade our Memory Ram to our server so that we can see if there's a change on performance. Thank you again .
deadman

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Could you try to stop logicaldoc and its tomcat server.
Then navigate to

Code: Select all

[...]/logicaldoc/tomcat/temp/
Remove everything in there

Code: Select all

rm -rf  *
Start the service again.

Let it boot up. In my case, I do get an enormous performance boost after this until the temp folder is filled up again. I can't say what exactly causes this issue.

Would be nice to hear some feedback.
Last edited by deadman on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jayson_Carr

Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:26 pm

With a problem of the same nature, the latter method helped to solve the problem, but only for a short time.

Return to “Web Services”