Show Add Document option and bigger icons.

Help us to improve LogicalDOC! Be part of the Open Source Community.

Moderator: car031

Spacesoul

Show Add Document option and bigger icons.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Hello, we are testing the lastest version of LogicalDoc v6.4.1, and some of our users has asked two things:
- Maybe its there but I havent seen it. It would be very nice for some users if they could have an option for bigger icons, since some of them have visual problems with the small icons at the bar for upload new file, drop spot..
- They have seen also that right clicking with the mouse under some options shows the default web navigator options. It would be really nice to add a Menu when you click in the blank space below the files, and show a Menu option to Add a new document. It would be very intuitive for users to right click there and upload a new file.

I think they could be very good improvements, and maybe not very hard to do.

Thanks.
Spacesoul

Re: Show Add Document option and bigger icons.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:54 am

Added a third suggestion, for the admin users. Since some of our advanced users will be granted admin rights, it could be a good improvement.

In the Administration Panel, Import and Export Folders, cliking in Add a new folder, Properties, SourcePath only shows a blank box, without the usual popup explorer window which automatically searchs and adds the source path of the folder that we want to import and synchronize.
Currently we must manually write the folder source path, in example: C:\test
It would be better if we could add an small icon which searchs for the folder and add the path in that box automatically.
car031

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:37 pm

Yes understood. The problem is that while LogicalDOC gives youall the metaphores of a desktop application it is a web-application so the folder's listing must be done on the server so it would be needed to develop a filesystem browser from scratch to give you the ability to browse in folders from the "server perspective".

This could be a feature request indeed like the other things you addressed in the previous post. On the other side LogicalDOC is more or less the result of tons of requests coming up from customers and/or users, our goal is to find the best trade off.
Spacesoul

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:16 pm

Thank you car031 for your answer, excuse me if I ask but do you act as a LogicalDoc representantive?
Since I do not see any logo or information in your profile I dont know if you are answering as a representative of LogicalDoc or just answering as a normal user.

Return to “New features discussion”