Portable version of LogicalDoc

Help us to improve LogicalDOC! Be part of the Open Source Community.

Moderator: car031

ni4ni1

Portable version of LogicalDoc

Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:31 am

Hello

I would like to make logicalDoc portable - to be able to run it from a USB flash device.
Im quite new to logicalDoc and Im not 100% sure this feature does not already exist, but I noticed that during the setup process one need to enter a full absolute path to the repository folder.
In order to be portable, logicalDoc should use relative paths instead of absolute paths when it accesses its files.

Is there an existing way to make logicalDoc portable ? if not then can this feature be added (rather by changing the current version or by creating a new, portable version) ?

Thanks

Guy Shilo
ni4ni1

Re: Portable version of LogicalDoc

Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:36 am

Hello

I found how to make logicalDOC portable (I use community edition):
1. download the bundle file, not the installer (logicaldoc-6.7.2-tomcat-bundle.zip).
2. unzip the file.
3. under the logicalDOC folder, create a repository folder (I named it "repository").
4. As the readme file instructs, start it twice.
4. At the setup phase, when entering the repository location, just type the name of the folder you created in step 3. No full path, just the folder name.

That's all, now it can work off a USB memory or a cloud storage. Everything is contained in one portable directory.

It works for me, I hope it will work for you too.

Guy
ReChardGoomez

Re: Portable version of LogicalDoc

Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:44 pm

I am also looking for this stuff, weeks from now. I will try this and if I found any strange hopefully I can reach help from here. Thanks for sharing.

Return to “New features discussion”