Postgres Install Issue

Problems with installing LogicalDOC? No problems, the solution is closer than you think.

Moderator: car031

scottkehoe_

Postgres Install Issue

Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:04 pm

I've been trying to install the community version on Mac OS Big Sur 11.6.

All prerequisite packages have been installed without any issues.

I first tried to install with MySQL 8.0.26 using the DB's root account and only made it as far as the DB connection fail error message:
Validation Failed:
Database not connected

I received this error when trying to install via both the command line and the GUI installer.

I was/am able to connect to MySQL from both the terminal and from a DB management app without any issues. I also tried both the binary installer version from the MySQL website and the Home Brew version. Same result with both.

I figured I'd try Postgres. Postgres 13.4 installed without any issues.

Again, both the command line and the GUI installers of the Community version failed when attempting to connect to the DB and gave the error:
Validation Failed:
Database not connected

I was/am able to connect to Postgres with the postgres user account fine from both the terminal and a DB management app. Also, I tried this with both the Home Brew version and the binary version available directly from the Postgres website with the exact same result.

So, two different DBs and two different installer versions of both of those DBs and the same exact error during install.

I've been banging my head on this for many, many hours... Some help would be greatly appreciated.
scottkehoe_

Re: Postgres Install Issue

Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:33 pm

Apologies for the second post on the same issue. I didn't think my first post made it through...

Return to “Installation”