Moving logicaldoc installation

Problems with installing LogicalDOC? No problems, the solution is closer than you think.

Moderator: car031

real_skydiver

Moving logicaldoc installation

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:42 am

Hi folks,

I was trying to move my logicaldoc installation to a new folder - simply by moving the files. After the move, it still connected successful to the database (sure, because this hasn’t being changed), I was able to login and it showed me my folder structure in the browser. However, when I tried to download a document, it returned some garbage. Also, exporting to zip endet up with a complete empty (zip) file. I noticed that on the original place in the file system, it created the documents folder again. After moving everything back to its original place, everything worked fine again. So, my assumption is that somewhere at least a portion of the absolute file path is stored. I was browsing trough all tables in my (Oracle) database but couldn't find a hint here. Does somebody know where this might be stored?

Best Regards.
agaspa

Re: Moving logicaldoc installation

Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:54 am

You would have had to modify the information of the folder that contains the repository of the documents logicaldoc.
From the GUI of logicaldoc:
Administration --> Settings --> Folders

then it would be enough to change the path of docdir
Attachments
ScreenHunter_03 Feb. 22 09.53.gif
Settings folder locations
ScreenHunter_03 Feb. 22 09.53.gif (36.58 KiB) Viewed 3589 times

Return to “Installation”