CE Installation, Act II

Problems with installing LogicalDOC? No problems, the solution is closer than you think.

Moderator: car031

sjropiak

CE Installation, Act II

Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:43 pm

Despite everyone's help here, the installation of CE escapes me. I've tried numerous systems, OS', etc. without success. I am wondering if it is something really basic like either the Java_home or jre_home environment variables are incorrect. Can someone share how their's are set? I pointed mine to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6 which is the highest level folder Java installs, but maybe this is incorrect. Anyone who can help me past this will drink for free at the local pubs in Bangor, Maine. :D
sjropiak

Re: CE Installation, Act II

Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:43 pm

I suspect Java is at the root of my issues. Catalina debug revealed that I had installed a JRE, not a JDK (which I corrected). Subsequent runs of debug progress as far as saying starting Jdb and seem to hang there.
sjropiak

Re: CE Installation, Act II

Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:17 pm

Found that catalina.bat supports the command line option of configtest. Configtest continually tells me that jre_home is incorrect. Any suggestions or examples of what to use are greatly appreciated.

Return to “Installation”