Problems with installing LogicalDOC? No problems, the solution is closer than you think.

Moderator: car031

fabianjuarez

Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:29 pm

Hi!

Recently I has installed a LogicalDOC Community version 6.7.2. This installation on a Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS with OpenJDK 7. The Tomcat Server and LogicalDOC was downloaded from LogicalDOC site.

The installation was quickly released. The system works fine and all my people begins to use the system without a problem... well, only for a week. Today my guys call me because the system display a message "Access Denied" on screen. When I check my account, the system displays a message as follow: "Access Denied" on screen and "Database not connected" on system landing page.

I has checked the server and java installation and works fine. The Tomcat installation (located at /opt/tomcat ) works fine too. I need to know a couple of things:

1. How to "reconnect" the database to avoid this situations and my people can be using the system?
2. How to backup the database to mantain the system working fine?

Thanks in advance!
mmeschieri

Re: Message: Database Not Connected

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:05 am

The message is displayed when LogicalDOC cannot connect to your database, this may due because the DB is down or not reacheable by the LogicalDOC service.
There is no 'reconnection' procedure, LogicalDOC continuously check the database connection status.

Regarding the backup of your database, this is something outside the application domain. I suppose you are using MySQL, in this case you will probably use the mysqldump command

Return to “Installation”