Copying documents to a fresh installation of 6.6.2 CE

Problems with installing LogicalDOC? No problems, the solution is closer than you think.

Moderator: car031

hdv_erasmus

Copying documents to a fresh installation of 6.6.2 CE

Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:35 pm

Hi,

I've created a fresh install of 6.6.2 CE, and now I'm trying to copy the documents / database from another installation of 6.6.2 CE.
However, after I copy the contents of the "docs" folder and do a MySQL export + import of the "logicaldoc" database, I cannot log into LogicalDOC anymore (Access denied).

What is the proper step-by-step process of copying data from my old installation to a fresh installation?
agaspa

Re: Copying documents to a fresh installation of 6.6.2 CE

Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Ok hdv_erasmus,

eventually you should attach your log file in a compressed format.
It's a file named dms.log that you should find in the logs folder in the repository / workspace folder that you specify at the time of installation of the fresh installation.

What you did is correct, but I would like to know if you have then changed the connection parameters to the database for the new installation.
In practice, the new installation may not be properly configured to access the database

1) turn off tomcat
2) verify the jdbc connection parameters to the database in the context.properties file of the new installation

Code: Select all

jdbc.dbms=mysql
jdbc.driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
jdbc.password=password
jdbc.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3317/logicaldoc
jdbc.username=username
jdbc.validationQuery=SELECT 1
3) restart tomcat

Return to “Installation”