Can not start Service

Problems with installing LogicalDOC? No problems, the solution is closer than you think.

Moderator: car031

johnbhatt

Can not start Service

Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:18 am

Hi,

I installed LogicalDoc community edition and configured with MySQL. All databases and tables are created and I suppose that means Database connectivity is fine.

Whenever I try to access in Browser (localhost:8080), the page is not displayed and default error code like Connection Refused by Chrome and Unknown Location from Edge are thrown.

System Details:
Architecture : 64bit
Processor/Ram: Intel i3 / 4GB RAM,
Java JDK: jdk1.8.0_131

What i find is, the LogicalDoc-community service is not running and when I click on Start below error message is thrown.
LogicalDoc-CommunityService.JPG
LogicalDoc-CommunityService.JPG (92.58 KiB) Viewed 4788 times
I have tried all combination and configuration variations, any help will be greatly appreciated.

John Bhatt
https://www.pyarb.com
agaspa

Re: Can not start Service

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:25 am

Hi John,
you have two LD system services: LogicalDOC-Community and LogicalDOC-Community1

1) Remove the bad service (optional)
you should check their directories: right mouse click on the service then properties tab, check for the executable path.
Then you have 2 options: a) remove the service with the bad path b) change this service as Manual startup

2) Check the Java configuration that runs LD
The most likely cause is that you have configured Java 64-bit, but the installer found the 32-bit version or vice versa

Go into folder C:\LogicalDOC-Community\tomcat\bin\32
copy the files contained in the parent path overwriting existing files
try to start the service

If that doesn't solve repeat the process using files in folder C:\LogicalDOC-Community\tomcat\bin\64
dfalconer84

Re: Can not start Service

Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:18 am

agaspa wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:25 am
Hi John,
you have two LD system services: LogicalDOC-Community and LogicalDOC-Community1

1) Remove the bad service (optional)
you should check their directories: right mouse click on the service then properties tab, check for the executable path.
Then you have 2 options: a) remove the service with the bad path b) change this service as Manual startup

2) Check the Java configuration that runs LD
The most likely cause is that you have configured Java 64-bit, but the installer found the 32-bit version or vice versa

Go into folder C:\LogicalDOC-Community\tomcat\bin\32
copy the files contained in the parent path overwriting existing files
try to start the service

If that doesn't solve repeat the process using files in folder C:\LogicalDOC-Community\tomcat\bin\64
thank you for your information, was pulling hair out over this.

Return to “Installation”