Cannot connect to MSSQL Server

Problems with installing LogicalDOC? No problems, the solution is closer than you think.

Moderator: car031

jurajTSM

Cannot connect to MSSQL Server

Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:37 am

Hi there,

I am performing new installation and trying to connect to our office SQL Server. I created empty DB on the server and during installation. However, the installer says that "Database not connected". Somehow it is not smart enough to say if due to network issues, user issues, no such instance, etc., just that it is not connected. That's why I need your help to assist me to make the connection successful. Same server is used by our other systems without issues...

Thanks in advance...
LogicalDoc01.png
LogicalDoc01.png (13.91 KiB) Viewed 8979 times
agaspa

Re: Cannot connect to MSSQL Server

Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:51 am

I suspect that the installer of version 7.7.2 has an issue with the composition of the connection url,
you should fill in all the params then select Manual specification of the database connection url

Here compose a string like those listed below, replacing your connection parameters:

Code: Select all

jdbc:sqlserver://localhost;user=MyUserName;password=*****;
jdbc:sqlserver://192.168.1.200:1433;databaseName=logicalDoc;user=MyUserName;password=*****;instanceName=instance1;
jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databaseName=logicalDoc;user=UserName;password=*****";
See also
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/co ... ection-url
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/co ... url-sample
jurajTSM

Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:28 am

How to activate the Manual Specification? I click on checkbox or Next, there's no change to the screen or anything... Refer to attached GIF...
LogicalDoc.gif
LogicalDoc.gif (108.7 KiB) Viewed 8967 times
jurajTSM

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:06 pm

Dear support, please, assist with my request for help.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
mmeschieri

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:22 pm

Launch the setup using the embedded DB option.

Once the installation has been completed, open this page http://localhost:8080/setup (username: admin password: admin)
That is a post-install reconfiguration wizard, in the first step it asks for a repository folder, you can put something like: C:\LogicalDOC\repository
When it aasks for the DB, choose external an then SQL Server and compile the correct connection URL.
jurajTSM

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:36 am

Hi there,

I managed to resolve other troubles with java and now back on track. I am trying to configure access to DB but receiving general error without details of what is wrong. It refers me to some server log, but no indication which exact log and where should I look for it... Please, help...
The DB user logicaldoc is a db_owner with all other rights for the LogicalDoc database...
LogicalDoc02.png
LogicalDoc02.png (29.72 KiB) Viewed 8925 times
LogicalDoc03.png
LogicalDoc03.png (4.57 KiB) Viewed 8925 times
jurajTSM

Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:16 am

Hello, I managed to find in your forum which log is applicable for my problem and then managed to resolve the problem.

I wonder if it wouldn't be more efficient to create an installation and troubleshooting documentation - it would save tie to your customers and also to you, what do you think??
agaspa

Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:22 am

I'm perfectly in agreement with you, better documentation can certainly help solve some problems,
though IMO there is no perfect documentation.
The issue you found was corrected in the installer source code (7.7.3).
If you need further help, please refer to the official support service: https://logicaldoc.freshdesk.com
jurajTSM

Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:45 pm

I agree, there's no perfect documentation. But I am not asking for perfect one, I am asking for any documentation. What is available currently can't be considered as documentation, IMHO ;) No need to respond to me on this thing, that is for your own consideration and evaluation of the effective way of support...

Nevertheless, can I ask what is it supposed to be that freshdesk website? What is relationship between the freshdesk and this forum? I haven't noticed any link on it from the official website...
agaspa

Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:14 pm

Hi @jurajTSM,
this is the Community Forum, so it is run by the community and offered for free by the members of the community,
the official support is specific for customers of LogicalDOC

Return to “Installation”