Community Edition very slow to start

Problems with installing LogicalDOC? No problems, the solution is closer than you think.

Moderator: car031

crayiii

Community Edition very slow to start

Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:42 am

I'm installing the mysql community edition (latest as of today) on Ubuntu Server 16.04.

I go through the config and install process and after it's finished, I can log in and everything works but after a reboot, I can't get it to start. Sometimes I can get the box that says "Loading, Loading messages..." but's that it.

I have 64-bit java installed and I made sure the installer was set for that.

What is the proper way to start LogicalDoc after a reboot? How long should it take to start up? What are the common causes of the issue I'm having?
shatzing

Re: Community Edition very slow to start

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:56 am

Hi crayiii,
one of the problems that in the past we found is precisely a prolonged period of start-up (the application takes a long time to boot).
This may depend on the presence or absence of some packages at the operating system level and / or the capacity of the installed java virtual machine.
We have seen that in some installations the problem was related to the floating point computing capacity
To solve that issue we added a parameter to java options: java.security.egd
So if you installed with the automated installer you can easily change the startup script and add this parameter to the JAVA_OPTS

1. locate the file logicaldoc.sh (/LogicalDOC/bin)
  2. set the JAVA_OPTS as follows

Code: Select all

export JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx2500m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandom"

Return to “Installation”