preview and edit functions not working

LogicalDOC has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.

Moderator: car031

Ross Chapman

preview and edit functions not working

Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:18 am

I have installed a Business edition of Logicaldoc on an Ubuntu server and loaded various files.
However, I cannot view any file type (*.doc, pdf, tiff etc) using the "preview function - all I get is a message saying "Preview not available. Contact your administrator". I have tried using both Openoffce and Libreoffice to handle the files. I have also paid particular attention to the path to the openoffice/libreoffice software.

At the same time, I cannot use the "Edit with office" function, selecting a *.doc file and clicking this icon brings an error on Firefox saying:

"The address wasn't understood. Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (ldedit) isn't associated with any program or is not allowed in this context."

Can anyone tell me what I need to change in my set-up.

Many thanks

Ross
car031

Re: preview and edit functions not working

Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:04 am

In order to have the preview running you need to install other 3rd party components other than OpenOffice that are SWFTools, imagemagik, ghostscript
This is described in the installation guide.

The 'Edit with Office' requires you to have the LogicalDOC Office Addin installed in your PC

Return to “Configuration”