LogicalDOC Clustering and Load Balancer

LogicalDOC has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.

Moderator: car031

pashazadeh

LogicalDOC Clustering and Load Balancer

Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:50 pm

I tried to test LogicalDOC Enterprise clustering.
As I figured out, after installing two instances and making a cluster after each login 2 distinct JSESSIONIDs are assigned to the browser, by the way according to http://docs.logicaldoc.com/en/clustering a hardware load-balancer can be used to do the load-balancing between multiple nodes. I want to know if it is possible to use Apache HTTPD as a load balancer?
And if it is possible how is the configuration, cause I've got problems, if I define two nodes in apache configuration after logging in the login page is shown again, but if I just define a single node in the apache configs everything seems fine.
agaspa

Re: LogicalDOC Clustering and Load Balancer

Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:50 pm

Hi pashazadeh,
you should configure a load balancer in Apache and then configure Tomcat server proxy in the 2 nodes that run LogicalDOC.

Notes: the 2 nodes that run LogicalDOC must be able to resolve the domain of the proxy server (in the network).

In attachment the configuration we tested some time ago:
loabalance.conf (Apache 2.4.7 configuration) this is the load-balancer
server2.xml (Tomcat 8.0.x configuration file) this is one of the two cluster node

Alex
Attachments
Logicaldoc-cluster-loadbalance.zip
LogicalDOC 7.4.3 cluster with Apache load-balance
(1.67 KiB) Downloaded 250 times

Return to “Configuration”