All documents suddenly missing

We tried to make LogicalDOC as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.

Moderator: car031

dremelts

All documents suddenly missing

Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:32 pm

I have been using LD 7.7 on LinuxMint 17.3 for a couple of years now and today something really weird happened. I had a list of search results and was going thru them to find some documents for tax time. I had already examined several docs in the search results and then when I tried to select another one it said something like document not available. I tried another and another and another with same results. I re-ran the search and the search results came up empty this time. Tried different searches on different folders and got empty search results. Exited LD and relogged in and the main LD screen is now completely empty - there is just a main menu across the top: File | Personal | Tools | Help. Rebooted Linux but it's still completely blank when I start LD. I started phpMyAdmin and it looks like the LogicalDOC database is still there.

I have not done any recent updates on OS or apps. What's really puzzling is that it happened right in the middle of an active session.

Anyone have any ideas
agaspa

Re: All documents suddenly missing

Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:14 pm

Hi dremelts,
it's probably a permission issue,
you should access the security section and check that your user has the visibility of the Documents item in the tree https://docs.logicaldoc.com/en/administ ... y-settings

Tips: look in the tab Menus
dremelts

Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:24 pm

Agaspa, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, there is no security tab - the entire main LD window is completely blank except for a few menus across the top as mentioned in the original post (but none of them are security related).
agaspa

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:34 am

Perhaps your browser has cached the resources in the wrong way.
Clear completely the browser cache and try accessing again https://docs.logicaldoc.com/en/update/c ... wser-cache

Also I suggest you to try with a different browser.
dremelts

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:37 pm

I have cleared the cache and cookies from my browser, I have tried a different browser and I have reinstalled Java8. Still no success. I just have an empty window when I start LDCE.

Maybe I have to ask this in the Installation forum but if I reinstall my LDCE 7.7 am I going to have to restore the repository and database? Or, can I install LDCE 8.1 and migrate my existing data?
dremelts

Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:30 pm

Drastic circumstances call for drastic measures. I uninstalled LDCE 7.7 but did not check the box to delete the LogicalDOC folder. Then reinstalled LDCE7.7, logged in and, voila, everything is working again and it appears that all my documents are still intact (although I was prepared to restore the db table and repository from backups).

So, I guess this issue is closed. I just wanted to post this follow-up in case it is helpful to others in the future.

Return to “Usage”