changes in document-tree

We tried to make LogicalDOC as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.

Moderator: car031

Sean

changes in document-tree

Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:49 pm

Hello everyone,

I am using LogicalDoc 5.2 and would like to add couple of things to the Document-tree in order to make usage more convenient.

1- I would like to have a different folder-icon for the empty folders. I realized that when the document-tree is a little big, it
is so inconvenient to click on every folder to see whether it contains any documents. It would be great if user could find that out only by seeing the
icon and not necessarily clicking and checking.

2- I would also like to have the number of documents in each folder presented next to the folder name. eg.: TestFolder(10) which would mean that
the TestFolder contains 10 documents.

Could you please help me by explaining where I need to start off in order to make the above changes.
Many thanks.
mmeschieri

Re: changes in document-tree

Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi, the 5.2 is in phase-out so no more development will be carried on on it. The latest 6.1 gives you a count of the contained elements and seems to be more suitable for your needs.

If you want this feature in the 5.2 you have to checkout the branch logicaldoc-5.2 and perform the changes by your own.

Regards
Sean

Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:55 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am going to do that on my own and I have the source code and everything, I am just wondering if you could
give me a hint to get started, for example where in the source I should look in and make my changes. Cheers
mmeschieri

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Here is a list of affected resources:

module logicaldoc-core:
class HibernateFolderDAO

module logicaldoc-web:
class DirectoryTreeModel
class DocumentNavigation
template folder_tree.jspx

I think these could be the places where you will have to work.

Regards
Sean

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Many thanks. I will give it a try and get back to you.

Return to “Usage”