Document Preview error with conversion

We tried to make LogicalDOC as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.

Moderator: car031

RosewoodAdmin

Document Preview error with conversion

Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:29 pm

Hello
I have newly installed LogicalDoc onto a Windows SBS2011 server (similar to Windows 2008 server). JDK7 installed. Trial version (i.e. not registered)

I have been able to log in via browser and added 3 documents to LogicalDoc: one jpg and two docx
After transferring them I have executed Document Indexing and Index Optimisation.

I can preview and (now after indexing) successfully search the jpg documents.
When I try to preview the Word (docx) documents, all I see is: There was a problem with conversion generation. Please contact your LogicalDoc Administrator.

And I can only find the documents when searching, when using filename rather than contents.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards
Ash
agaspa

Re: Document Preview error with conversion

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:53 am

Hello RosewoodAdmin,
in order to enable the preview of documents you must have installed on your server OpenOffice 3.3.0 or 3.4.0.
Then after installing OpenOffice you must configure the property openoffice.path in the context.properties of LogicalDOC (having LogicalDOC service stopped).

Code: Select all

openoffice.path=C:\\Program Files (x86)\\OpenOffice.org 3\\
LogicalDOC-context-properties.gif
LogicalDOC context.properties openoffice.path on windows
LogicalDOC-context-properties.gif (39.03 KiB) Viewed 10619 times
You can also configure the same from the LogicalDOC User Interface,
simply follow this path: Administration -> Settings -> Client and External Apps -> Tab: External Apps

change the value of field OpenOffice path with: C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice.org 3\
then click "Save" button.

Alex
Attachments
Client_and_external_apps.gif
Client and External Apps
Client_and_external_apps.gif (31.56 KiB) Viewed 10619 times
kelly12

Sat May 25, 2013 6:20 am

In order to enable the preview of documents you must have installed on your server Open Office’s new version and keep it update always.
timduncan

Mon May 27, 2013 8:20 am

If you want to enable the preview of documents you must have installed on your server Open Office 3.3.0 or 3.4.0 Then after installing Open Office you must configure the property open office path. It will really help you.
manojag22

Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:06 pm

Is office document preview supported in CE ?

Return to “Usage”