Easyer way to save documents (Linux)?

We tried to make LogicalDOC as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.

Moderator: car031

Manrai

Easyer way to save documents (Linux)?

Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Hello,

I am just working with LogicalDoc on the demo server http://demo.logicaldoc.com. There, I find all features I need and I am very pleased with this system.

But there is one major issue left:

When I check out a doc/odt-file for editing, it will right open in the LibreOffice or in the appropriate application.

But it is opened in read only mode, so when I want to save the file back to LogicalDoc, I need to save the file locally on my PC first.
Then I have to go back to LogicalDoc and checkin the file. To do this, I need to remember the path and the file name to find the file for checkin (many more clicks until this is done).

I am worried that this will slow down my daily work and might cause errors - therefore my questions:

Is there a more comfortable way to save from LibreOffice/OpenOffice during/after editing?
Or is it possible to open the file with write access, so I do not need to save it as a new copy?

Client: Firefox 19 on Ubuntu 12.04, LibreOffice 3, Java and Flash installed

Thanks for your kind support

Rai
mmeschieri

Re: Easyer way to save documents (Linux)?

Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:29 pm

This behaviour is browser's specific. After the checkout the browser downloads the document in a local folder and tries to open the configured editor.
Perhaps you can configure your browser to do something different, but this happens outside LogicalDOC and we cannot control it.

Return to “Usage”