Presets and Booleans in Parametric Search

We tried to make LogicalDOC as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.

Moderator: car031

ggrider

Presets and Booleans in Parametric Search

Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:16 pm

I created a document template and added a Boolean and a text field with a preset list of values.
When I go into a document external info I can see that I can set my Boolean with a pull down Yes/No
and I can set my preset text value with a pull down of the possible values.
When I go into parametric search when I point the search at my template that has the Boolean and Preset text fields,
I can pull down the fields and the operator on the Boolean is equals but the value doesnt have a pull down of Yes/No.
I would have expected there to be a Yes/No pull down for that value if the field is Boolean. I put in equals 1 and it worked
but its not clear that a user of this system would know to do that.
On the text preset field the operator is contains/equals/etc. which is fine I guess but how will the user know what the
possible values are. I would have expected the operator to have an equals and the value to be a pull down with the
possible values.

I have an evaluation copy of the enterprise edition and am trying to work out if the product can provide the needed function,
and either Boolean or Preset text are needed.

Thanks
Gary
mmeschieri

Re: Presets and Booleans in Parametric Search

Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi, the drop-down list is available in the document's properties panel only and not in the parametric search form, perhaps you may sponsor the development of such a feature.

Return to “Usage”