Calendar Event Notifications not being emailed

We tried to make LogicalDOC as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.

Moderator: car031

prcua-help-desk

Calendar Event Notifications not being emailed

Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:47 am

Enterprise License:

I place events in the calendar and select some participants. I set a reminder also. I do not receive any email as expected for not only the event but also the reminder. Some times it triggers an email, but it is spuratic. I know that the email communication is fine as I can email a document from within LogicalDOC and receive it. I check the Calendar log and states reminders and evaluators as 1 (which matches the single calendar even I scheduled). I also adjusted the calendar, notifier, and audit to 60 seconds to test.

Nothing. The calendar event passes the scheduled time with no notification.

Please advise.
agaspa

Re: Calendar Event Notifications not being emailed

Mon May 04, 2015 8:50 am

You should have enabled these 2 Scheduled tasks:
Calendar Processor
Notifier

The last, Notifier is responsible for sending messages produced by the calendar
Also you have to control the scheduling of the two tasks
Attachments
Scheduled-tasks.gif
Scheduled tasks
Scheduled-tasks.gif (51.8 KiB) Viewed 5902 times
prcua-help-desk

Wed May 06, 2015 5:27 am

Hello,

I do have both of these tasks enabled as described in my original post. I actually set the scheduling for both as 60 seconds for testing purposes. I setup a calendar event for this test as to trigger at 22:00 hours, with a 5 minute reminder. I am expecting to see an email reminder 5 minutes prior to the event (21:55) and then also at the event time of 22:00 hours for this test. I received the reminder as expected. Once the calendar time occurred, no email. Is there supposed to be an email when the calendar time arrives or only at the reminder.

Also, If I went back into an existing calendar event and modified the scheduled time to be a new time in the future, I receive no reminder as expected prior to the scheduled time.

I have the logs downloaded. Please advise next step.
mmeschieri

Wed May 06, 2015 10:21 am

Hi, the calendar just nofies the reminder, not the exact date of the event.

Return to “Usage”