upgrade LD CE 6.4.2 to LD CE 6.5.2

Problems with installing LogicalDOC? No problems, the solution is closer than you think.

Moderator: car031

hdv_erasmus

upgrade LD CE 6.4.2 to LD CE 6.5.2

Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:01 am

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade logicaldoc community edition from v.6.4.2CE to v6.5.2 using the upgrade scripts found here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/logical ... 0CE%206.5/

The problem:
The upgradeto-6.5.2.zip contains two sql files, upgrade-01-sql and upgrade-02.sql. During executing the first one upgrade-01 it fails at line 33, at statement:

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO hibernate_unique_key(tablename, next_hi) SELECT 'ld_audit', max(ld_id)+1 from ld_audit;
because table ld_audit does not exist.
also the tables ld_emailaccount, ld_archive, ld_share, ld_workflowtemplate and ld_workflowhistory do not exist in the logicaldoc database so statements
34 - 38 will generate the same error.

background information:
I'm maintaining a website running on on ubuntu 12.04 LTS that uses logicaldoc 6.0.1 (with MySQL 5.5). We decided to upgrade to the latest available LD CE version.
I started at LD CE 6.0.1, upgrading using the upgrade scripts and tomcat+logicaldoc bundles found at the sourceforge project.
So far 6.0.1 -> 6.1 -> 6.2.4 -> 6.3.5 -> 6.4.2 went ok with little to no problems. 6.4.2 to 6.5.2 is the first with this problem. I suspect the missing tables are
part of the non-CE edition.

So far my procedure was this: Stop logicaldoc, make a backup of the documents, of context.properties and the DB. Then run the upgrade scripts,
throw away the $Userhome/logicaldoc folder and replace the entire bundle with the newer version. Then run LD once to create the
new $Userhome/logicaldoc folder. After that I edited the new context.properties and changed the relevant bits to the old settings. (and restarted logicaldoc of course)

The questions(s)
Are the missing tables neccesary for the upgrade to 6.5.2? If so, how do I create them and with which columns/properties?

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you for your time
agaspa

Re: upgrade LD CE 6.4.2 to LD CE 6.5.2

Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:31 am

Hi, the table ld_audit does not need to LogicalDOC 6.5.2.
In attachment you can find the complete initialization script of LogicalDOC Community 6.5.2,
you will see that the tables you specify are not necessary.

The script logicaldoc-core.sql is included in logicaldoc-core-6.5.2-plugin.jar
(it's under the WEB-INF/lib folder in the logicaldoc.war file)
Attachments
logicaldoc-core.zip
LD 6.5.2 database creation
(3.66 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
hdv_erasmus

Re: upgrade LD CE 6.4.2 to LD CE 6.5.2

Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Ok, thank you, the upgrade worked

Return to “Installation”