Community update on qnap from 7.6.4 to 7.7.6

Problems with installing LogicalDOC? No problems, the solution is closer than you think.

Moderator: car031

liviu.bitica

Community update on qnap from 7.6.4 to 7.7.6

Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi,
After performing a firmware update on my qnap, by mistake I updated all the applications, including logicaldoc CE 7.6.4, before making a backup first. Unfortunately, my documents were missing.
Removed 7.7.6, reinstalled 7.6.4 thinking that my documents are there, hidden somewhere. Now I am getting an error on setup, 500 internal server error, check the logs.
I think that 7.6.4 was set up to use SQL server, where the 7.7.6 was using an internal database.
Is there a chance of recovering my files from the working configuration (7.6.4), please?
Many thanks,
Liviu
agaspa

Re: Community update on qnap from 7.6.4 to 7.7.6

Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:42 pm

As far as I know, the LogicalDOC version on QNAP, is LogicalDOC Enterprise, in the trial version (30 day trial)
If you have a commercial version of LogicalDOC with an activation code, you can ask the support service.
https://logicaldoc.freshdesk.com
Honestly it seems strange that you could do this kind of update because they have never been released update packages of LogicalDOC Community for QNAP
liviu.bitica

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:52 pm

The community edition is provided/ packed by qnapclub.eu. Both versions were from that store.
Thanks,
Liviu
agaspa

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:37 am

Hi liviu.bitica,
the version you downloaded on Qnapclub Store is LogicalDOC Community (LogicalDOC_CE),
but it is not maintained by us, it is provided by the community of Qnapclub.
Unfortunately we are not aware of the details of this installation, nor of any update procedures.
My suggestion is to seek assistance from those who made this package https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?t=129651
liviu.bitica

Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:24 pm

agaspa wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:37 am
Hi liviu.bitica,
the version you downloaded on Qnapclub Store is LogicalDOC Community (LogicalDOC_CE),
but it is not maintained by us, it is provided by the community of Qnapclub.
Unfortunately we are not aware of the details of this installation, nor of any update procedures.
My suggestion is to seek assistance from those who made this package https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?t=129651
Hi Agaspa,

Thank you for your reply!
I have asked on that forum prior to seeking for help here, unfortunately, no solution so far.
Is it a chance to reinstall the CE using your installer and recover my missing files? I was using SQL server - MariaDB for my previous version. If there is no chance to recover them, I would give up and start the work again.

Kind regards,
Liviu

Return to “Installation”