Qnap Update 8.3.1 Failure

Problems with installing LogicalDOC? No problems, the solution is closer than you think.

Moderator: car031

karrfaltj

Qnap Update 8.3.1 Failure

Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:24 pm

I am trying to update from 8.2.2 to 8.3.1 on my QNAP server, but unsuccessful. I have tried from both the admin interface in the LogicalDOC and manually. Neither work. I noticed after trying to update manually the zip file had ".skipped" appended to the end of the ldoc_upd-00000074.zip file (in the updates folder). My thought at this point is a rights issue. I am logging/telneting in as an admin. Also, with the admin interface, the program
does download the update, but doesn't seem to update after selecting the confirm update button (I get no errors or failure messages). What am I missing?
agaspa

Re: Qnap Update 8.3.1 Failure

Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:36 pm

Hi @karrfaltj,
updates packages does not work on the trial version of LogicalDOC.
If your own is a regular licensed version of LogicalDOC and you want to run the update manually you should place the ssss file in folder /LD_HOME/updates /relative of your LD installation) then run the /LD_HOME/bin/update.sh command
Note: you can't update from 8.2.2 to 8.3.1, you should first pass through v8.3
So if you're at 8.2.2 you should get Update 73 http://network.logicaldoc.com/weblicense/network/login
Also after each update you should confirm it from the web GUI in Administrator section
karrfaltj

Re: Qnap Update 8.3.1 Failure

Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:47 am

I was able to successfully update with your information. Thank you!

- stopped the LogicalDOC app
- copied zip file to LogicalDOC update folder
- ran update.sh from the LogicalDOC bin folder (verify update. Update folder should have file renamed processed)
- restarted the LogicalDOC app
- Login to LogicalDOC
- (note: was required to update each version one at a time. Could not skip a version.)

Return to “Installation”