Browser integration

Do you want to create a native client or integrate with third party applications: webservices are the solution.

Moderator: car031

apmramos

Browser integration

Thu May 10, 2012 2:36 am

Hi, maybe this is not the right forum to ask this, but here it goes anyway...

Is there a way of invoking an LD browser window from an existing web app, i.e. I want to be on my own web app, select a document name or a folder (which I have retrieve using the WS APIs) and open a LD window with just that document or folder.
In that window I should be able to do whatever I would do as if I would have logged on to LD standalone, but just on the document/folder selected.

I guess I can use a URL pointing to LD with the Path such as http://server:8080/logicaldoc/?folderId=7 or http://server:8080/logicaldoc/?docId=5 but I would like to avoid the logon screen (some sort of Single Sign On to be used) and jump straight into the landing page.

Thank you for your help.
agaspa

Re: Browser integration

Mon May 21, 2012 8:54 am

No, this is not possible for security reasons currently logicaldoc will always require to perform login
apmramos

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:13 am

agaspa wrote:No, this is not possible for security reasons currently logicaldoc will always require to perform login
That's a shame... integrating via Single Sign On (SSO) with LogicalDoc should be possible, there are multiple examples of similar scenarios done in a secure way.

So how are we supposed to integrate LogicalDoc with other applications, using a Single Sign On scenario?
Are we supposed to just use the Web Services to retrieve the documents/folders and take care of all the presentation layer (when LD can do this perfectly for us)? Or are there any other alternatives that you know of?

Thanks again for the help.
agaspa

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:46 am

Actually there is no support for single sign-on (SSO).
The interface of LogicalDOC is entirely compiled by GWT in Javascript and it is session-less, so it is not possible to use the traditional SSO mechanisms.
If you want to integrate LogicalDOC with other applications you must use Web-services.

Return to “Web Services”